Pelvic Floor Safe Exercise app
The Continence Foundation of Australia has developed a free, safe-exercise app to enable people at risk of pelvic floor dysfunction to continue to exercise without putting additional pressure on their pelvic floor.
The Pelvic Floor First app has three customised workouts for people of all fitness levels and pelvic floor strength. The wide range of exercises have been designed by physiotherapist and fitness leader Lisa Westlake to ensure people enjoy the benefits of a total-body workout that protects their pelvic floor muscles.
App features include:
- Instructional videos and audio for all workouts
- Detailed pictures and instructions for each exercise
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise guide
- Ability to save favourite exercises for personalised workouts
- Links to useful websites to learn more about your pelvic floor
View the Pelvic Floor First app online (Internet connection required)
Please note: Given the comprehensive nature of the app, with video, audio and photographic instructions, data charges may apply if you view the app online.
To initially download the app from the App Store or Google Play, you will require a wireless internet connection.
When searching for the app on an iPad select "iPhone only" from the top of the screen.