Pelvic Floor Safe Exercise app
The Continence Foundation of Australia has developed a free, safe-exercise app to enable people at risk of pelvic floor dysfunction to continue to exercise without putting additional pressure on their pelvic floor.
The Pelvic Floor First app has three customised workouts for people of all fitness levels and pelvic floor strength. The wide range of exercises have been designed by physiotherapist and fitness leader Lisa Westlake to ensure people enjoy the benefits of a total-body workout that protects their pelvic floor muscles.
App features include:
- Instructional videos and audio for all workouts
- Detailed pictures and instructions for each exercise
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise guide
- Ability to save favourite exercises for personalised workouts
- Links to useful websites to learn more about your pelvic floor
Download the free app
To initially download the app from the App Store or Google Play, you will require a wireless internet connection.
Internet connection required. Given the comprehensive nature of the app, with video, audio and photographic instructions, data charges may apply if you view the app online.
You can add the online version to your homescreen by following these steps:
1. visit the online version in your browser.
2. tap the icon at the bottom of your screen with an arrow pointing up out of a box.
3. when the options appear, scroll across and tap 'add to homescreen'.
4. change shortcut name to 'pelvic floor first' and save.
5. your shortcut will appear on the homescreen.