National Continence Helpline
The National Continence Helpline is an Australian Government funded phone advisory service for people with bladder or bowel control problems.
This free service is available to anyone living in Australia, from Monday to Friday, between 8.00am and 8.00pm AEST.
The helpline is staffed by a team of continence nurse advisors who provide information, education and advice on a range of bladder and bowel topics. This includes information relating to:
- prevention of bladder and or bowel problems
- the pelvic floor
- prostate problems
- childhood bedwetting or soiling
The Helpline also provides:
- information about the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor dysfunction and bladder and bowel control problems
- information and advice relating to the day-to-day management of bladder or bowel control problems, including advice on containment of incontinence
- details of local continence services
- free information brochures, including brochures in 29 languages other than English