Where to get help

Pelvic floor (and other bladder or bowel control) problems are not normal. They can be treated, better managed and in many cases – cured.

If you have a pelvic floor (or bladder or bowel control) problem, diagnosis, assessment and treatment is key to getting back in control. This is best carried out by a qualified continence professional.

For most people, a good starting point is to visit your doctor, who will be able to refer you to the most suitable continence professional.

If you aren’t comfortable speaking to your doctor a good alternative is to speak to a continence nurse advisor on the National Continence Helpline (1800 33 00 66). This free and confidential service can provide you with information and advice to get you back in control.

For more information on bladder and bowel control visit the Continence Foundation of Australia website.

An initiative of continence.org.au

The Continence Foundation of Australia is the national peak body promoting bladder
and bowel health.

Visit Website